California has a long and proud history as one of the world’s most important agriculture economy. The state’s farmers have fed the world for more than a century.
But we also have to remember that farming – especially family farming – is a small business and farmers face the same challenges so many other small business owners face. As part of its mission to help California’s small businesses and the communities they serve, SAFE-BIDCO offers an agricultural loan program designed to help farmers handle typical small business problems and those very specific challenges related to farming.
Farmers face unique challenges, such as significant capital costs, income streams that vary widely from both month-to-month and year-to-year. SAFE-BIDCO backed agriculture loans are specifically designed to address these unique challenges.
The program offers loans of up to $500,000, the proceeds of which can be used for equipment acquisition, working capital, harvest costs, the purchase of property, and operational costs.
This loan may be funded to purchase farmland, construct or repair buildings and other fixtures, develop farmland to promote soil and water conservation, as well as to refinance debt.
This loan may be funded to purchase livestock, farm equipment, feed, seed, fuel, farm chemicals, insurance, and other operating expenses.
- Open to citizens or legal residents of the United States.
- Acceptable credit history.
- Legal capacity to incur loan obligations
- Inability to obtain a loan from a traditional lender .
- Owner or tenant operator of a family farm.
- No delinquency on any Federal debt.
Loan Program Features
- Loan size:$10,000 — $500,000
- Operating capital and mortgage loans to family farms [eligible for a U.S.D.A. Farm Service Agency (FSA) Guarantee].
- Loan terms are dependent upon purpose of the loan.
- Funds may be used for: crop production, harvest costs, farm ownership, equipment acquisition, farm improvements.
Along with a completed application, forward the following information:
- Project summary – detailing requested amount and how funds will be used.
- Financial statements (personal and business)
- Resume – include employment and educational history as well as any other pertinent information for each proprietor
- Business plan/business summary – include: breakdown of how funds will be used, and 1 year projection of how proposed funds will be used.
- Business tax returns (if business is less than 3 years old please provide all available tax returns).
- Personal tax returns with the W-2s of owner(s)/partners (3 most recent years).
If your request is for a business less than one year old additional information may be requested.
For more information on the agricultural loan program, please contact SAFE-BIDCO at 707-577-8621.
SAFE-BIDCO is here to help California’s family farms feed the world and reap the benefits of prosperity.
Terms and conditions subject to change